We've created these resources to help you support and engage the older adults in your community -- and to help you show your community the great resources your program offers.
Program Activity Guides
These can be tailored for your unique needs, and all were created with COVID in mind.
- Guided Imagery Activity Guide - Relaxation technique/exercise
- Nutritionary Activity Guide - Drawing and guessing game
- Text Challenge Activity Guide - Group-text health challenges
- Car Show & Parade Activity Guide - Safely distanced community event
- Did You Know? Game Activity Guide - Gathering to encourage connection
- Recipe Sharing Activity Guide - Group project with opportunity for culture exchange
- Crack the Code Activity Guide - Word unscrambling game
Tip Sheets & Guides
- Tele or Virtual Nutrition Education for Older Adults
- Teach SD: Training Volunteers to Teach Tech to Older Adults
- Volunteer Engagement and Recruitment Resources
- Enhancing Socialization through Meaningful Volunteer Connections during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Suggestions for Senior Nutrition Programs
- From the National Council on Aging:
Training and Partnerships
Share your work (and help us share it, too)
Remember to promote your program! Share information and successes from your activities via your website, social media, and/or newsletter. (Always ask for permission before quoting or photographing participants.) The social media graphics below can help. Include the hashtag #SeniorNutritionProgram to make it easier for others in the network to find ideas they can incorporate into their programs,
Tell us how your program is making a difference in your community, so we can share with the network -- your successful innovation may help a colleague in another community tackle a problem they're struggling with, and you may find some great ideas that will work for you. Please submit using this Activity Submission Form. (Please understand it may not be possible to share everything we receive.)
Grantee Activity Ideas & Highlights
Click an image to view/save the high-quality version.
Did you find what you were looking for on this page? If not, please let us know by sending us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.