Please note that the correct registration link is: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/6nmwnjniypm2&eom
Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET
ACL, the Health Resources and Services Administration, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the U.S. Department of Transportation are working together on an interagency initiative focused on livable communities for underserved populations. This webinar will highlight their efforts to reach underserved populations by encouraging health, housing, transportation, and social service partnerships.
Dr. Anand Parekh will begin the discussion by sharing recommendations from the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Senior Health and Housing Task Force and underscoring the importance of interagency partnerships to reduce the impact of chronic diseases.
The webinar will also provide an overview of evidence-based chronic disease self-management education (CDSME) programs and highlight two exemplar CDSME programs that serve affordable housing residents, in partnership with federally qualified health centers, transportation services, and social services.
- Anand Parekh, M.D., Senior Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Kristie Kulinski, M.S.W., Aging Services Program Specialist, Administration for Community Living
- Molly Dugan, M.P.A, Director, Support and Services at Home
- Amy Perez, B.A., Statewide Support Coordinator, Support and Services at Home
- Marty Lynch, Ph.D., CEO, LifeLong Medical Care
- Brenda Goldstein, M.P.H., Psychosocial Services Director, LifeLong Medical Care
- Lori Simon-Rusinowitz, M.P.H., Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Maryland