- Top Stories
- March 30, 2020The…
- March 29, 2020On Friday, the President signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, into law. The Act provides a total of $2.2 trillion, with $955 million directed to ACL programs. …
- March 28, 2020We are continuing to add guidance and resources for the aging and disability networks and the people we serve to…
Events and Observances
May is Older Americans Month and June 15 is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. Learn more about these and other events and observances.
Links to reports, articles, and resources that provide background information about issues surrounding aging and disability. This is a new section -- check back for updates, and please let us know what you'd like to see here!
Speeches and Testimony
Currently includes speeches and Congressional testimony from prior ACL leaders.
Downloads and Multimedia
Logos, fact sheets and videos, with more coming soon.
Last modified on 01/11/2019
Register for ACL updates
ACL uses Granicus (formerly GovDelivery) to send news and information to subscribers.
In the News
In the News is a collection of news stories about aging and disability issues, as well as news stories about ACL and ACL programs.
All of these links ultimately take you to external news websites. The information in the articles does not necessarily reflect the positions of ACL or the federal government, and ACL does not endorse the content of the articles or the publishing organizations.
- March 30, 2020AP (March 30)…
- March 29, 2020The AP (3/29) reports “Minnesota residents are worried about their elderly loved ones as the coronavirus outbreak spreads to nursing homes.” So far, “at least 17 people living in nine…
- March 29, 2020The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (3/29, Reynolds) reports that health and aging organizations “are deeply concerned about the effects that social distancing has on seniors.” Discussing the…