Each May, the nation celebrates Older Americans Month to recognize older Americans for their contributions and provide them with information to help them stay healthy and active. This year, we are focusing on injury prevention with the theme Safe Today. Healthy Tomorrow.
Older adults are at a much higher risk of unintentional injury and even death than the rest of the population. Unintentional injuries to this population result in at least 6 million medically treated injuries and more than 30,000 deaths every year. With a focus on safety during Older Americans Month, the Administration for Community Living plans to use this opportunity to raise awareness about this critical issue. By taking control of their safety, older Americans can live longer, healthier lives.
Information to help your organization celebrate Older Americans Month is available below. Additional outreach tools coming soon!
- Web Banners (JPG format): 120x240 px | 611x655px
- Sample Article: PDF (20KB) | DOCX (17KB)
- Sample Proclamation: PDF (22KB) | DOCX (18KB)
- Sample Event Flyer Templates (DOCX): 1 (641KB) | 2 (309KB) | 3 (389KB)
- Activity Guide (PDF, 1.37MB)
- Social Media Tip Sheet (PDF, 342KB)
- Safety Tip Sheet (PDF, 600KB)