Models and Partnerships
Cross-sector partnerships are vital to meeting the need for increased affordable and accessible housing, access to voluntary community services, ending homelessness, and assisting with transitions out of institutions. Local and state governments, housing authorities, community-based organizations, health systems, and private organizations are increasingly working with the disability and aging networks to enhance housing options. Using cross-sector partnerships to address housing as a social determinant of health can drive innovation, leverage multiple funding streams, and advance equity.
Replicate or adapt these models from disability, aging, health, and housing partnerships to improve options for community living.
- Choice Matters: Housing Models that May Promote Recovery for Individuals and Families Facing Opioid Use Disorder: brief on developing programs that support both housing and opioid disorder related needs
- Forming Strategic Partnerships Between Housing, Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Payers, and Community-Based Services: recorded webinar on cross-sector partnerships to improve housing for people with disabilities and older adults
- Integrated Wellness in Supportive Housing (IWISH) Model: overview and evaluation reports for a demonstration program that embeds service coordination and wellness support in HUD-assisted housing
- Mainstream Voucher Spotlights: case studies of public housing authorities that leveraged partnership and used other effective strategies to assist individuals with disabilities who were experiencing homelessness
- Rapid Rehousing (RRH) Roundtable Discussion Series: recorded webinars on innovative RRH services and programs as well as best practices within communities
- Support And Services at Home (SASH) Evaluation: SASH Evaluation Findings, 2010-2016: evaluation report for SASH, a promising site-based approach that provides supportive services and care coordination to older adults and individuals with disabilities, in affordable housing properties
- Taking Integrated Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) to Scale: The Louisiana PSH Program: brief on Louisiana's large scale, cross-disability, integrated permanent supportive housing initiative that braided in Medicaid funding
Use these tools, guides, and other resources that help organizations form and grow housing and voluntary services partnerships across sectors.
- From Idea to Action: Building the Team for Housing and Health Collaborations: technical assistance guide to starting a housing and health collaboration with partners at a state or local level
- Making It Real, Keeping It Real: Implementing Housing and Health Collaborations: companion guide with more in-depth information on key issues and decisions
- Health and Housing: Introduction to Cross-Sector Collaboration: background on the health and housing sectors and current opportunities for cross-sector collaboration
- State and Territory Assistive Technology Program Partnerships: overview of partnerships to increase access to assistive technology during the COVID-19 pandemic