In observance of Brain Injury Awareness Month 2022 and in lieu of the Administration for Community Living’s annual in-person Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Stakeholder Day, we hosted a virtual TBI Stakeholder Day on March 8, 2022 from 12:30 to 4:30 pm ET. The event included opening remarks from Alison Barkoff, Principal Deputy Administrator of ACL, and introduction of the new Commissioner of ACL’s Administration on Disabilities, Jill Jacobs.
With an overarching focus on equity, five presentations were given, the first by individuals living with brain injuries sharing their strategies on staying engaged in an advisory council/board. The other important presentations were from three different TBI State Partnership Program grantees (Alabama, Ohio and Virginia). The meeting wrapped up with the federal partners discussing TBI programs in other HHS agencies.
The topics for the sessions are noted below:
- Session 1: Survivor Engagement Strategies
- Session 2: Domestic Violence and the Effect on Children
- Session 3: Effective Partnerships with Behavioral Health
- Session 4: Strategies for Using and Leveraging Data
- Session 5: Federal Partners Update