Ensuring older adults and people with disabilities have the opportunities to live independently and fully participate in their communities requires robust, accurate information about both populations. The following resources are available through data collection and research projects funded by ACL, and data compilation performed by ACL.
Information about older adults
- NEW! Older American Act Title III Summary Highlight (Web version) (Print version)
- ACL Data: AGing, Independence, and Disability (AGID) Program Data Portal
- Profile of Older Americans
- Census Data & Population Estimates
- Projected Future Growth of Older Population
- Minority Aging
- Key Indicators of Well-Being
Information about people with disabilities
- NIDILRR Publications and Resources. This page links to disability-focused data and research available as a result of projects funded by ACL's National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR).
Visit our Research & Development page in the Programs section to learn about NIDILRR's research projects. NIDILRR's mission is to generate new knowledge and promote its effective use to improve the abilities of people with disabilities to perform activities of their choice in the communities; and to expand society's capacity to provide full opportunities and accommodations for citizens with disabilities.