Field-Initiated Projects (FIPs) are a program of investigator-initiated research intended to supplement NIDILRRs agency-directed research portfolio. These projects cross all of NIDILRR’s domains, and generate new knowledge through research or development on a smaller scale relative to DRRPs and Center grants. Typical FIP awards are three years in duration.
How to Apply
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, nonprofit organizations, and other organizations and/or agencies.
- View a list of NIDILRR funding opportunities and application kits. Note: After Clicking on this link, all of NIDILRR’s forecasted and posted funding opportunities will appear. To limit them to the FIP program, type FIP in the keyword box. Then, hit the search button.
- As a rough guideline, check the preceding link between October and April every year.
- View the Guide to Applying for some helpful application tips.
- View currently-funded FIP Research Grants and currently-funded FIP Development Grants
- View previously-funded FIP Research Grants and previously-funded FIP Development Grants
- Publications produced by FIP Grantees in REHABDATA. Interested in any of these publications, view the document called Obtaining Documents Listed in REHABDATA.
- A Sampling of FIP Full-Text Publications in PubMed Central
Contact Radha Holavanahalli at NIDILRR if you have questions about the FIP Program funding mechanism.