The mission of the National Limb Loss Resource Center (operated by the Amputee Coalition) is to ensure the availability of, and access to, the most comprehensive, high-quality, evidence-based information, resources, and supports for people with limb loss and limb difference, their families, and their support networks. This is consistent with the Amputee Coalition’s mission to reach out to and empower people affected by limb loss to achieve their full potential through education, support, advocacy, and the promotion of limb loss prevention. The National Limb Loss Resource Center programs use both traditional and innovative approaches to educate and inform people with limb loss, their family members, health care providers, policy makers, community members, and the general public about living well with limb loss and limb difference. Resources include information and referral by phone and email, support groups and certified peer visitation and support, educational events, empowerment programs, and a robust national website.
- Operate and maintain an information and referral center to provide persons with limb loss and limb difference, their family members, and their support networks with information and resources to support individual needs and requests.
- Provide information and supports for people with limb loss and limb difference (PWLL/LD) and respond to inquiries from the media and general public related to community needs and supports.
- Collect, develop, and disseminate patient education materials that provide PWLL/LD, their family members, and their support networks with information and resources to increase individual’s independence and well-being.
- Develop and disseminate programs and services that increase the independence and well-being of PWLL/LD and their family members and help PWLL/LD fully participate in their community.
- Develop and conduct consumer educational events for PWLL/LD, their family members, and their support networks to increase the independence and well-being of PWLL/LD and to help them live well with limb loss and limb difference across the lifespan.
- Conduct national outreach for the development and dissemination of patient education materials, programs and services, provide technical support and assistance to local limb loss support groups, and raise awareness about the limb loss community.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations that create innovative solutions to address the needs of PWLL/LD, their family members, and their support networks.
- Collaborate with federal agencies and other national organizations that have a vested interest in the limb loss and limb difference community.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of National Limb Loss Resource Center objectives and activities.
The Amputee Coalition
900 E Hill Ave Ste 390
Knoxville, TN 37915-2568
Section 301(a) and 217 of the Public Health Service Act.
900 E HILL AVE STE 390
KNOXVILLE, TN 37915-2568
Phone: (202) 475-2482