The following documents provide an overview of ACL's budget and how the budget supports ACL’s initiatives and programs.
Visit here for details on mandatory grant allocations.
We are currently working on making our complete FY 2022 Congressional Budget Justification fully accessible. As soon as it is available, we will post it here. In the meantime, please see the following for information about ACL's FY 2022 budget request:
- Overview of ACL's FY 2022 Congressional Budget Justification (download as Word document)
- Budget table (PDF) (Note: If you use a screen reader, download this screen-reader-friendly Word version).
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services FY 2022 Budget in Brief (see pages 126-132 of the PDF for ACL's chapter)
- FY 2021 ACL Congressional Justification
- Budget Table
- HHS Budget in Brief (See pages 159-163 for ACL's chapter)
- FY 2021 ACL Operating Plan
ACL and CDC Partnership to Increase COVID-19 Vaccine Access - March 29, 2021
Vaccination is critical for many people with disabilities and older adults, because they are significantly more likely to have a severe illness, be hospitalized, or die from COVID-19. With funding from the CDC, ACL provided nearly $100 million in grants for the aging and disability networks to provide critical services to help overcome those barriers. Visit here for details on the distribution of the $50 million in state funds for grants for the aging network.
American Rescue Plan of 2021
ACL issued grants totaling $1.4 billon to help older adults recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Funded through the American Rescue Plan, these grants to the aging services network in every state and territory will help provide meals and other nutrition services, support family caregivers, help older adults connect and engage with others to reduce social isolation, re-open senior centers, and help residents of nursing homes resolve complaints. The grants also will help accelerate vaccination of older adults by funding the aging service network to conduct outreach and education, assist people with scheduling and attending vaccination appointments, and connecting people to in-home vaccination services.
Allocation tables for the grants provided to states and territories are available below:
Coronavirus Response & Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
The Coronavirus Response & Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 provided ACL $275 million to be allotted to three categories:
- $168 million for Nutrition Services under the authority of Title III-C-2 of the Older Americans Act;
- $7 million for Native American Nutrition and Supportive Services under the authority of Title VI, Parts A&B of the Older Americans Act; and
- $100 million in first-time direct funding for Elder Justice Activities/Adult Protective Services under the authorities of the Elder Justice Act.
Allocation tables for the $168 million for Nutrition Services and $7 million for Nutrition and Supportive Services are available below:
- FY 2020 ACL Congressional Justification (Word)
- FY 2020 ACL Congressional Justification (PDF, 2.69 MB)
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, into law on March 27. The Act provides a total of $2.2 trillion, with $955 million directed to ACL programs, including the following Older Americans Act programs:
- $200M for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) under Title III-B )
- $480M for nutrition programs under Title III-C
- $20M for nutrition and related services for Native American Programs under Title VI
- $100M for the National Family Caregiver Support Program under Title III-E
- $20M for the Ombudsman Program under Title VII
The Act also provided $85M for Centers for Independent Living under Title VII, Part C, Chapter I of the Rehabilitation Act.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (2020) Supplemental Funding for OAA Nutrition Programs
- FY 2018
Note: If you require any assistance accessing the information in ACL’s Congressional Justification, please contact Matt Cutler at 202-205-8354.
- FY 2017
- FY 2016
- FY 2015
- FY 2014
- FY 2013
FY 2013 AoA Budget Statement (PDF, 32KB)
FY 2013 AoA Budget Table (XLS, 39KB)
FY 2013 AoA Congressional Justification (PDF, 1.1MB)
FY 2013 AIDD Congressional Justification (PDF, 5.06MB)
Note: The pertinent information begins on page 158 of this PDF.
- FY 2012
FY 2012 AoA Budget Statement (PDF, 21KB)
FY 2012 AoA Budget Table (XLS, 30KB)
FY 2012 AoA Congressional Justification (PDF, 1.3MB)
FY 2012 AoA Online Performance Appendix (PDF, 0.7MB)
FY 2012 P&A Estimated Allotments (PDF, 70KB)
FY 2012 DDC Estimated Allotments (PDF, 67KB)
FY 2010–2012 AIDD Budget Table (PDF, 80KB)
- FY 2011