Diabetes is a chronic health condition that — if not well controlled — can cause serious health problems, such as heart disease, vision loss, and kidney disease. In addition to medication, diabetes can be controlled though eating healthy and staying active. Joining a nutrition program can help older adults to engage in these activities.
- Rethink Your Drink— CDC guidance to choosing fluids and limiting sugar-sweetened
- Setting Plans into Motion Spotlight: Healthy Eating— Healthy changes to
manage living with Type 2 diabetes from the American Diabetes Association
- Take Charge of Your Diabetes: Healthy Ears— CDC information on how diabetes affects hearing
and balance and tips to manage
- Diabetes Food Hub— Recipes and meal planning resources to support living with diabetes from the American Diabetes Association
- Native Diabetes Wellness Program— CDC program to help prevent type 2 diabetes