Emergencies can disrupt food supply chains, leaving people hungry and vulnerable. Nutrition programs should prepare for disruptions and how they can meet the dietary needs of older adults with the resources available during shortages.
- Local Food System Supply Chain— Overview from NC State Extension
- Emergency Food Preparation— FDA steps to protect food supply in an emergency
- Dietary Guidelines & Dietary Reference Intakes Network Discussion — Network panel discussion that includes conversation around meeting the dietary needs of older adults during the pandemic/emergencies
- Food Supply Chain During COVID— FAQs with responses from the USDA
- What Are Food Systems and What Do They Do?— Training modules focused on human food systems and land use and their impacts on the environment
- USDA 2022 Framework for Shoring Up Food Supply Chain and Transforming the Food System— Press release on actions, initiatives, and programs
- Simple Food Swaps during Supply Chain Shortage— Recommendations from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics