Caregivers often play a critical role in supporting the health and well-being of those they care for, and they need to pay attention to their own health, too. Nutrition programs should actively engage and collaborate with caregivers in their community.
- Caring for Your Nutrition — ACL article on maintaining a healthy diet while caring for others
Tools & Toolkits
- AgeWell Planner— NCOA tool for finding personalized resources and expertise
- Benefits CheckUp— Comprehensive tool from NCOA to connect older adults and people with disabilities to benefits
- Caregiver Nutrition Education Toolkit — Nutrition education for caregivers
- Find a Nutrition Expert— Search tool from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Caregivers in Crisis— RCI study on caregiving during COVID-19 pandemic