As we age, we are at increased risk for falls. Falls can lead to injury and even hospitalization. Nutrition programs can team up with internal or external partners to help prevent falls by educating participants about the risk factors and how to address them through exercise, home modifications, assistive devices, and more.
- Falls Prevention Programs: Saving Lives, Saving Money— NCOA infographic on community-based programs reducing the risk of falls
- Falls Prevention Fact Sheet— Ten steps from Caring Senior Service to help prevent falls and sustain older adults’ quality of life
- No-Fall Zone: Fall Prevention Tips for Seniors— Accessible Home Health Care highlights the cause of falls around certain parts of the home and ways to prevent falls
- Nutrition & Fall Prevention— VA fact sheet on the connection between nutrition and fall prevention
- Falls Prevention Conversation Guide for Caregivers— Falls prevention activities from NCOA to empower caregivers to assist loved ones
- National Falls Prevention Resource Center for Professionals— NCOA-hosted resource center