Not all program participants will want or need home-delivered or congregate meals. Others may need supplemental foods in addition to their program meals. Some people can receive groceries and prepare their own meals, and senior nutrition programs can help directly and indirectly.
- Food vs. Meals — Assess whether an older adult needs assistance obtaining food or meals
- Guide to Working with Restaurants and Grocery Stores for Meals — Tips and steps to collaborate
with food retailers
Tools & Toolkits
- Grocery Delivery Options by County Template — Template to list local grocery delivery options for participants
- Grocery Delivery for Older Americans— Presentation by IFIC and AARP on how older adults use online grocery shopping and delivery tools
- Guam Thinks Out of the Box, Delivers Bags of Produce to Older Adults — Guam’s innovative partnership to deliver fresh produce