ACL is pleased to announce the award of a five-year cooperative agreement to the Iowa Department on Aging to operate the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging (also known as the Nutrition and Aging Resource Center). The award totals $4,909,899.
The Resource Center supports the aging network, ACL Innovation in Nutrition grantees, and other Older Americans Act (OAA) stakeholder organizations by leveraging and strengthening senior nutrition programs. Across the country, OAA-funded senior nutrition programs work to reduce food insecurity, hunger, and malnutrition; enhance socialization; and promote health and well-being of older adults.
Under this award, the Resource Center will:
- Promote the development of impactful, cost-effective, and person-centered services.
- Offer enhanced resources and technical assistance.
- Provide new education and collaboration opportunities.
- Serve as an advocate for the senior nutrition program network to ensure its continued strength.
- Prepares states and communities to make nutrition services network ready, relevant, and sustainable during both normal operations and times of emergency.
Learn more about the Nutrition and Aging Resource Center at acl.gov/senior-nutrition.