The Administration for Community Living (ACL) held a kick-off webinar for the second annual "Celebrate Our Senior Nutrition Program" last week. ACL shared details around the March celebration and the focus on the Older Americans Act's intent of nutrition, socialization, and health and well-being.
The Celebrating the National Senior Nutrition Program and Community Toolkit landing pages provide all the information needed to start planning for the month. Use the links below to access this information.
Leverage the toolkit to help plan and implement fun, engaging programs that enhance socialization and well-being for Senior Nutrition Program participants. These resources will facilitate engagement with program participants and the community.
- Share Your Work – Countless lessons-learned and success stories illustrate the National Senior Nutrition Program's importance and impact. Programs can toot their horns and show how they are making a difference. We'll highlight innovative programs so best practices can inspire everyone.
- Program Activity and Tip Sheet Guides – Resources created to promote socialization and engage older adults. The materials also incorporate COVID-19 precautions. Each daily connection activity includes a detailed implementation guide that consists of steps of preparation needed, how to participate, and supporting information.
- Social Media Toolkit – We've developed eye-catching graphics and the hashtag #SeniorNutritionProgram to help spread the word. Eight different colorful images will enhance communications and make it easier for others in the network to find ideas they can incorporate.
Additional March activities not to be missed include:
- "Thursday at Three" Webinar Series – Weekly webinars in March on Thursdays at 3:00 pm EST. Scheduled dates include March 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th. Webinar content consists of a fresh look at the Intent of the Older Americans Act, Nutrition, Socialization and Health and Well-Being. Watch for ACL email communications to register for each webinar.
- Inspirational Stories from the Network – Check the website frequently for innovative posts from senior nutrition providers.
Please help us promote the Senior Nutrition Program Celebration by promoting this information to your organization. We thank you for your support and appreciate the opportunity to work with you and your constituents.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Wilson-Gold, MS, RDN, LD, FAND at email@example.com.