The Administration for Community Living (ACL) awarded the National Center for Benefits Outreach and Enrollment (NCBOE) to the National Council on Aging, Inc. (NCOA).
ACL's Office of Healthcare Information & Counseling manages the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) program, which provides grants to states and tribes to help older adults, individuals with disabilities, and their caregivers apply for special assistance through Medicare. This initiative includes special efforts to target rural areas and Native American elders.
The award is a five year cooperative agreement (from September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2025), totaling $11,428,636 this fiscal year. With this award NCOA will:
- Maintain and update web-based decision support and enrollment tools, including a new integrated care education and comparison tool;
- Utilize cost-effective strategies to find beneficiaries and enroll beneficiaries;
- Create and support efforts for organizations to serve as benefits enrollment centers;
- Develop and maintain an information clearinghouse;
- Provide training and technical assistance on effective outreach, screening, enrollment, and follow-up strategies; and
- Serve as a technical assistance resource center for Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA).
Visit ACL's website to learn more about the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) program.