Published by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy
This month, we celebrate the anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), landmark legislation created to ensure everyone has the right to take part in all aspects of life and community, including employment.
Developed through a multiagency collaboration around the ADA anniversary, this new fact sheet highlights new funding and flexibilities that provide significant opportunities to increase access to competitive integrated employment (CIE) for youth and adults with disabilities.
These opportunities are provided through the work of multiple federal agencies providing services to individuals with disabilities, including:
- Administration for Community Living (ACL), HHS
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), HHS
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), ED
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), ED
- Social Security Administration (SSA)