Medicare Open Enrollment started on October 15 and will end on December 7. There are many resources available to help make Medicare and the process of signing up for it easier to understand.
- ACL’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) helps people to navigate Medicare by providing local, unbiased assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families. During Open Enrollment, SHIP’s certified counselors can help you to review and compare plan options so you can find the coverage that best fits your unique needs. Find your local SHIP by visiting the website or calling 877-839-2675.
- Medicare.gov is the official government website for people with Medicare. On their website, you can check out this blog post that has tips for 2021 Open Enrollment, find 2022 Medicare plans, find someone to talk to about Medicare, and more.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has general information on the Medicare program and answers to common questions about Open Enrollment.
- The Social Security Administration has information on Medicare, including what each of the different Parts covers, answers to commonly asked questions, how to apply online, and more.
- HealthCare.gov is a website maintained by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services focused on the Healthcare Marketplace®. Medicare isn’t part of the Marketplace, but HealthCare.gov has information on Medicare that individuals can use.