The Biden-Harris Administration has launched a new initiative to expand the availability of at-home tests that are more accessible for people who are blind or have low vision. The tests work with a compatible Bluetooth-enabled smartphone and free app to provide users with audible instructions and audible test results. Read more about the tests.
How to get the tests:
Order online or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
- Each order will include two rapid-antigen tests that are more accessible for people who are blind or have low vision.
- Orders will ship free, while supplies last.
This initiative complements the Administration’s efforts to expand production of more accessible tests and work with private sector partners on the development of new accessible tests.
Need more assistance?
- Ordering tests,
- Understanding instructions for test administration and test results.
- Providing alternative instructions for traditional at-home tests for people who are unable to access, read, or understand the manufacturer’s version.
- For those who cannot use an at-home test, DIAL operators can:
- Assist with ordering “swab and send” kits to collect a sample and mail it back for results.
- Connect callers to local organizations for assistance locating other testing options in their community, including in-home testing programs or transportation or companion support to visit a community-based testing site.
Call 888-677-1199 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern) or email DIAL@usaginganddisability.org.
(Updated 6/30: Originally, supplies were more limited and we asked people to order these tests if they had no options for using the standard tests. We are now encouraging anyone who could benefit from the more accessible tests to order them.)