The fall 20018 meeting of the Elder Justice Coordinating Council took place on December 5, 2018. The meeting included an update from ADM Brett P. Giroir, MD, the Assistant Secretary for Health on the federal government’s response to the Opioid Crisis, as well as an in-depth discussion on the unique elder justice concerns faced by rural and tribal communities by federal leaders, including Assistant Secretary for Aging and ACL Administrator Lance Robertson.
- Elder Justice Coordinating Council Background
- Elder Justice Coordinating Council Membership List
- Full Video with Captions
- Presentation by ADM Brett P. Giroir on the Opioids Crisis
- Testimony on Telemedicine and Telehealth Uses in Rural Elder Justice Cases by Dr. Jason Burnett
- Blog by ACL Administrator Lance Robertson on Advancing Elder Justice in Rural and Tribal Communities