Tuesday, November 29, 2022 | 3-4:15 PM ET
Register for the webinar.
In honor of Native American Heritage Month, the IL-NET T&TA Center for Independent Living and ACL present a webinar that will help participants gain an increased understanding of Native Americans with disabilities living in Indian Country and learn best practices for outreach and service delivery. Panelists from a multi-year ACL-funded Native American Independent Living Demonstration grant will share their experiences providing independent living services in Indian Country. They will discuss:
- Key issues tribal communities are facing around disability
- Barriers and best practices to collaboration
- Impacts to community-led efforts
- How participants can partner to strengthen work with tribal communities
- Hoskie Benally, Community and Government Liaison, Native American Disability Law Center; Member, National Council on Disability
- Adam Brown, Executive Director, Disability Services and Legal Center
- Joan O'Keefe, Executive Director, Southeast Alaska Independent Living, Inc.
- Julie Shaw, Executive Director, Superior Alliance for Independent Living
- Jillian Nyberg, Executive Director, indiGO
- Kimball Gray, Program Analyst, Office of Independent Living Programs, ACL
Executive directors and staff for CILs and SILCs, UCEDDs, Protection & Advocacy Centers, Area Agencies on Aging, the disability community, tribal communities, and anyone interested in strengthening relationships with tribal communities are all invited to attend this webinar.
Reach out to email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
Funded by ACL, the IL-NET T&TA Center provides training and technical assistance to centers for independent living and statewide independent living councils. The IL-NET T&TA Center is operated by ILRU in collaboration with NCIL, APRIL, and the University of Montana Rural Institute and RTC: Rural.