During his Senate confirmation hearing, ACL Administrator Lance Robertson shared four pillars that would be key areas of focus for him as the leader of the agency. Shortly after arriving at ACL, he added a fifth pillar.
The pillars are key areas of focus because they are critically important across both aging and disability. They also are areas in which ACL – and the aging and disability networks – can make a huge difference.
The pillars are:
1. Connecting people to resources
2. Protecting rights and preventing abuse
3. Supporting families and caregivers
4. Strengthening our networks
5. Expanding Employment Opportunities