ACL is pleased to announce new Lifespan Respite Care State Program Enhancement Grant awards to 10 states. The cooperative agreements will provide a total of approximately $11 million over five years.
States will build on advancements made under previous lifespan respite care program grants and focus on enhancing and strengthening the components of their respite system to improve equitable access, consistency, quality, and sustainability; and to reduce duplication in service delivery.
Specifically, states will use the funding to:
- expand and enhance respite services in their state;
- improve coordination and dissemination of respite services across their state;
- streamline access to respite programs;
- fill gaps in services, where necessary; and
- improve the overall quality of respite services.
The ten states receiving awards are:
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Respite care offers caregivers temporary relief from the daily routine and stress that can come with providing care. Respite can play a critical role in strengthening family stability and maintaining the health of the family caregiver.