Thursday, March 24 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM ET
Register for the webinar.
ACL and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services invite you to a webinar in our Promising Practices Series: Rethinking Day Services: The Without Walls Approach.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way we think about and provide services, with more and more providers shifting to a without walls approach. A without walls approach offers several benefits to providers and states including reduced brick-and-mortar costs, reduced need for vans, selling private pay services on a national scale, using volunteers to diversify workforce, lower labor costs, and incentivizing community building and partnerships. It also more clearly complies with the intent of the HCBS Settings Rule regarding community inclusion and customized competitive employment.
This webinar will provide insight into how a without walls approach can be used as part of a COVID-19 response strategy, how to train staff to shift from center-based services to community-based services, and what a without walls approach looks like in practice.
- David Hoff, Project Director, Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Danielle Mahoehney, Community Living and Employment Specialist, Institute on Community Integration at the University of Minnesota
- Marian Frattarola-Saulino, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Values Into Action
- Pamela Price, Service User, Values Into Action
- Jessica Clark, Service User, Values Into Action
- Robert Zotynia, Service User, Values Into Action
Contact Erin Shea with questions.