Guidance for ACL programs:
- The latest on the 2021 Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act and Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act.
- Grants to Enhance Adult Protective Services to Respond to COVID-19: Informational Webinar Recording, FAQ (Check the COVID-19 page new week for an updated FAQ)
- FAQ: Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs
- Budget tables: Older Americans Act State, Territory, and Tribal nutrition allocation
- COVID Vaccination FAQs for the Aging Network
- Updated Title III State Program Report: COVID-19 Response Reporting Guidance
- Feb. 23, 1:00pm ET: Financial Protection for Older Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic hosted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and ACL.
- Feb. 23, 3:00pm ET: Virtual Public Engagement: Strategies and Trends hosted by the National Center for Applied Transit Technology
- Feb. 24, 2:00pm ET: Addressing Social Isolation Through Senior Housing During COVID-19 hosted by engAGED: The National Resource Center for Engaging Older Adults
Vaccination resource round-up: Our partners and grantees have developed a variety of new vaccine-related resources for the disability community, including:
- A new dashboard, developed by the Johns Hopkins Disability Health Research Center and ACL's Center for Dignity in Healthcare for People with Disabilities, explains how each state is prioritizing the disability community in COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
- A new COVID-19 Vaccination Fact Sheet from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN) is available in a plain language format and in an Easy Read format with pictures, large text, and has more white space.
- A new CDC page offers vaccine information and considerations for people with disabilities.
The disability resource page is one of many new or updated vaccination resources from CDC. Other noteworthy resources of include a vaccine toolkit with for community-based organizations and guidance published this morning on vaccinating people who are homebound.
Working towards greater equity in vaccine distribution: To ensure underserved communities and those disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic are equitably vaccinated, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and CDC are launching a program next week to directly allocate a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine to select HRSA-funded health centers.
Getting the most out of your masks: CDC has published new guidance highlighting findings from two studies on improving the performance of cloth and medical procedure masks. The new guidance emphasizes the importance of mask fit. CDC's Improve the Fit and Filtration of Your Mask to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 page offers some suggestions to maximize the performance of cloth and procedural masks and this video shows how you can "knot and tuck" a procedural mask to improve fit.