The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is seeking comments on a proposed Medicare rule that makes policy and technical changes to Medicare Advantage, Medicare Cost Plan, Medicare Fee-for-Service, the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs, and the PACE Program.
Comments can be submitted online thru January 16, 2018.
This proposed rule would:
- Revise the Medicare Advantage program (Part C) regulations and Prescription Drug Benefit program (Part D) regulations to implement certain provisions of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA) and the 21st Century Cures Act;
- Improve program quality, accessibility, and affordability;
- Improve the CMS customer experience;
- Address program integrity policies related to payments based on prescriber, provider and supplier status in Medicare Advantage, Medicare cost plan, Medicare Part D and the PACE programs;
- Provide a proposed update to the official Medicare Part D electronic prescribing standards; and
- Clarify program requirements and certain technical changes regarding treatment of Medicare Part A and Part B appeal rights related to premiums adjustments.