Notice of Intent to Apply Due: Wed., October 10, 2018, 5 p.m. ET
Application Deadline: Wed., November 7, 2018, 5 p.m. ET
CNCS seeks to increase the impact of national service in communities nationwide. It intends to fund Senior Corps RSVP program models that address critical community needs by mobilizing volunteers age 55+. Projects should respond to community needs within the focus areas of: disasters, education, economic opportunity, environment, healthy futures, and veterans and military families. CNCS is particularly interested in applications that propose to include one or more of these priorities:
- Evidence-based Program Implementation: projects that focus volunteers to support the implementation of evidence-based program models.
- Opioid Abuse: increase access to care and participation in health education activities designed to prevent or reduce prescription drug and opioid abuse.
- Elder Justice: mitigate the potential that people served by RSVP volunteers will be victims of financial fraud, abuse, or neglect and/or that provide support services to victims.
- Independent Living: address independent living for older adults and individuals with disabilities including activities that ease social isolation and/or give respite to informal caregivers.
- Workforce Development: increase the number of economically disadvantaged individuals receiving job training and other skill development services.
- Intergenerational Programming: increase older adult engagement with young people in the areas of school readiness and K-12 success.
- Disaster Services: improve community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation.
- Veterans and Military Families: positively impact the quality of life of veterans and improving family military strength.