The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently released a public notice seeking nominations for membership on the Communications Equity and Diversity Council (CEDC) for the new two-year charter through June 29, 2023.
The purpose of the CEDC is to provide recommendations to the FCC on advancing equity in the provision of and access to digital communication services and products for all people, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
The FCC seeks applications from representatives of various sectors of the communications industry, representatives of state and local regulators, and representatives of consumer and community organizations.
No specific nomination form is required; however, each nomination must include the following information:
- Name, title, and organization of the nominee and a description of the organization, sector, or other interest the nominee will represent (if any);
- Nominee’s mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- A statement summarizing the nominee’s qualifications and reasons why the nominee should be appointed to the Committee;
- A statement, if the nominee will represent a specific organization, describing the organization as well as the benefit of having the organization represented on the Committee; and
- A statement confirming that the nominee, if seeking appointment for the individual’s expertise and not as a representative of an organization or entity, is not a registered federal lobbyist.
All nominations, including the requisite statements listed above, should be submitted by e-mail to CEDC@fcc.gov.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2021
General information about CEDC is available at https://www.fcc.gov/communications-equity-and-diversity-council. For additional information about the Committee, please contact Jamila Bess Johnson, the Designated Federal Officer for the Communications Equity and Diversity Council, at 202-418-2608, or Jamila-Bess.Johnson@fcc.gov. Individuals who use videophones and are fluent in ASL may call the FCC’s ASL Consumer Support Line at (844) 432-2275 (videophone).