Request for Public Comment on Proposed Questions for Development of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGAs)
On April 14, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) released the proposed scientific questions that will inform the development of the 2025-2030 DGAs. They are now requesting public input on the proposed questions. Written comments from the public will be accepted through Monday, May 16, 2022. HHS and USDA will carefully consider all relevant comments in refining the scientific questions.
This is the first of several opportunities for public input on the DGA development process.
- Learn about the process to identify the proposed scientific questions.
- Read through the proposed scientific questions.
- Learn how to submit a comment.
- Check out frequently asked questions on the DGAs.
- Learn about the Dietary Guidelines process.
- Read the Deputy Under Secretary for USDA’s Food, Nutrition, and Consumer Services’ blog on kicking off the Dietary Guidelines process.