August 23 - 24 | 9:30 am - 1:00 pm ET (English)
August 30 - 31 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm ET (Spanish)*
Many older adults depend on community service providers for necessities and psychosocial support. However, these crucial services may be disrupted during disaster, impacting older adults in your community.
Please join FEMA Region 2 and the Administration for Community Living (ACL) for virtual Ready Seniors Workshops in English and Spanish. This workshop prepares area agencies on aging (AAAs) and other organizations that provide critical support services to older adults.
The Ready Seniors Workshop has two parts: a presentation and a tabletop exercise. The presentation will discuss continuity of operations, preparedness planning for seniors, disaster mental health issues and case studies from state units and area agencies on aging. The tabletop exercise will examine a tropical storm scenario to test your organization’s preparedness (please note: the tabletop exercise is only open to organizations in NY, NJ, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands).
Register for English-Language Workshop:
- Presentation on August 23, 9:30 AM – 1 PM ET
- Tabletop Exercise on August 24, 9:30 AM – 1 PM ET: Email Bijal.Patel@fema.dhs.gov with name, agency, and state.
Register for Spanish-Language Workshop:
- Presentation on August 30, 1 PM – 4 PM ET
- Tabletop Exercise on August 31, 1 PM – 4 PM ET: Email Xaymara.DiazRosado@fema.dhs.gov with name, agency, and state.
* Note: The Spanish-Language Workshop times have changed to 1 PM - 4 PM ET for both days.
This event will include live captioning. If you need additional accommodations, please email Bijal.Patel@fema.dhs.gov.