Diabetes Care Assessment, Planning, and Management During COVID-19
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 12:00-1:30 PM ET
COVID-19 has made it harder for health plans and providers to connect with people dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid to identify needs, develop care plans, and provide ongoing care management. This webinar will feature experts in diabetes care management who have adjusted their approaches because of the pandemic. Speakers will talk about using telehealth to provide clinical and self-management education and support. They will share ways to connect people to secure housing, food, medications, diabetes management supplies, and more. Finally, a person with diabetes will share their first-hand experience in managing their diabetes during the pandemic.
- Vivian Cheng, PharmD, BCPS, Primary Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist; Bowdoin Street Health Center
- Nicole Kohler, MS, CDCES, Clinical Design Specialist
- Katie Sheridan, MSW, LSW, Supervisor, Medicare Case Management; Gateway Health
- Vivian Nnacho Ayuk, PharmD, CDCES, Chief Executive Officer; Sorogi
- Fontella Young, Consumer
Supporting the Preventive Health Care Needs of Dually Eligible Women with Disability
Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 1:00-2:30 PM ET
In observance of National Women’s Health Week, RIC will host this webinar exploring the challenges and barriers that women with disabilities face in accessing screenings and health services The event will highlight promising practices providers and health plans can employ to achieve better integrated, person-centered care. The webinar will also address increased challenges to accessing preventive health care during the time of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Monika Mitra, PhD, Director, Lurie Institute for Disability Policy, Brandeis University
- John Harris, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, Magee-Women’s Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
- Sarah Triano, Director, Policy and Innovation, Complex Care, Centene Corporation
- Amy Shannon, Consumer
RIC provides technical assistance and tools for providers of beneficiaries dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid. RIC is supported by the CMS Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office. Please contact RIC@lewin.com with any questions.