The 2022 National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers was created to support family caregivers of all ages, from youth to grandparents, and regardless of where they live or what caregiving looks like for them and their loved ones.
The strategy was developed jointly by the advisory councils created by the RAISE Family Caregiving Act and the Supporting Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Act, with extensive input from the public, including family caregivers and the people they support. It will be updated in response to public comments and will evolve with the caregiving landscape.
- 2022 National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers - An overview and description of the strategy's goals and intended outcomes
- First Principles: Cross-Cutting Considerations for Family Caregiver Support - Describes the four key principles that must be reflected in all efforts to improve support to family caregivers
- Federal Actions - Nearly 350 actions that 15 federal agencies will take in the near term to begin to implement the strategy.
- Actions for States, Communities, and Others - More than 150 actions others can take.
- Read the press release.
- Check out this infographic summarizing the National Strategy.
- Use our toolkit to spread the word about how we can all support family caregivers.